Friday, March 18, 2011

Preschool Pet Day

.
The last day before Spring Break was "Pet Day" at Preschool. They do an entire section on "pets" leading up to this. Both last year, and this one, Abby was pretty excited to go and show off an animal at school. Last year Angel was the lucky one that got to go to Pet Day. Everyone else brought either a Lab or a stuffed animal. I heard it was quite the "little zoo" and the parents had a fun time keeping everyone happy and alive and separated.

This year, she was SET on bringing Poppy. She also wanted ME to do Pet Day (Daddy did it last year). Yippee, I was SO excited - ahem. Poppy and Me (full of excitement mind you) headed to Pet Day at PS. I had all these visions of being there for HOURS - of listening to Poppy howl at all the Dogs there. But, I went. I did it for my daughter. I'm a good mom. Really. Just ask me...

Well, we got there only to find out that Poppy was the ONLY live animal there! Couple thoughts went thru my head:

1. Why the heck am I here with a CAT then if no one else is here to share my misery!?!?
2. Did I not get the memo to bring a STUFFED animal this year?
3. OH! I might get out of here fast if I'm the only one - woohoo!

Turns out that some people were not in class (Friday before spring break), others didn't want to bring their dog AGAIN because one year of that was enough, and I guess Mrs. Nelson made it VERY known that it was "ok" just go bring a picture of your animal or a stuffed animal.

BUT, I will say this. Poppy was a HIT because she was the only live animal there. Abby and her were superstars and did great! Here we are (with our assistant Andy)





Michael was next. He has a stuffed Frog named Froggie (duh). While Miss Amie and I watched Michael, I caught Andy trying to let Poppy out of the cage. That little booger!




After Abby and Michael took their turns, Miss Amie and I ducked out and spent the rest of the PS time having Coffee at Starbucks. Best pet day ever! Heehee.

No comments:

Post a Comment