Sunday, August 21, 2011

August: It is time...

.
I haven't blogged in almost SIX MONTHS. It is time. It is time put the fingers to the keyboard and reflect on why I haven't, and why I think I need to start again.

What have we been up to you ask? Well, you didn't, but I'm pretending you did. I'm going to pretend that someone, anyone, noticed that I hadn't blogged. Even if ABSOLUTELY NOBODY INCLUDING MY HUSBAND SAID ANYTHING! But, I'm getting off track...

Well let's see. What have we been doing? We had sabbatical, then the end of the school year for Abby, Trav's Birthday, Fathers' Day, camping, July 4th, more camping, Abby turned FIVE, Andy turned TWO, more camping, etc. We have been busy. It has been fun. I will probably, slowly, work on some of the above blogs. At some point. But, as of today, I decided that I need to cut bait and just move on or I would never get back into it.

This weekend was the first weekend since. Well. I'm not really sure. The first weekend in a LONG time that we had nothing on the books. And, even though we have had a TON of fun so far this summer, I will have to say that this weekend was one of my favorites. It just goes to show you, it doesn't matter what you are doing, as long as you are doing it well!

With the quietness and relaxation, of this weekend, has come reflection. With reflection as come the need to blog. I haven't blogged on a regular basis for awhile. We have been busy. This time of year the family sees my kids on a regular basis, and we are doing a lot of activities with said family. So, there isn't a lot of need to "update" them on what we are doing. But, today. Today I felt the need to take some photos and rectify that...

August is almost over. And, with that has come SUMMER. Finally... That being said. Summer is over for us in just 2 1/2 weeks. Abby starts Kindergarten and life goes back to "school schedule". That is a bitter pill to swallow for a Mommy that 1) LOVES the sun, and 2) is sending her baby to Kinder this year. Instead of getting depressed by the looming end of our short summer, I decided to just take some photos around our yard and take in the beauty of what it was. Summer. Home. Family. Friends. Blessings.

This last week we spent time as a family spreading dirt. You wouldn't think that would be fun. But, it was time as a family and the kids were pretty cute little helpers. With the amazing kindness of our neighbor Matt (his wife and kids were out of town and I think he was bored), it went twice as fast and the kids and I could barely keep up with their dirt hauling skills!

Really folks. How cute are they? How could you NOT enjoy manual labor if they were by your side?




Later in the week, Austin spent a TON of time raking out the dirt just right, adjusting sprinklers, and seeding our new lawn. Somedays I forget he is my dorky little brother and I get impressed with his skills. For a moment. Then I remember who he is... ;) Anyway, the new yard is on the way, and I'm so excited to see it in a few short weeks - grow damnit!!!




Because really... it is all worth it when you get to watch your pets, kids, and friends enjoy the fruits of your labor.




This is the beauty of my yard. Sometimes, okay most of the time, I get caught up in the work and stress that is weeds, dying trees, and messy bark and forget to focus on the beauty that is. My camera helped me with the "focus" part this weekend... ;)





This weekend we also got to watch the AirShow. From our back yard. Now, we don't see it all. But, the excitement of waiting for the planes to fly over is one of my favorite parts of the weekend. It is an excuse to hang in the yard for three days and not worry about the laundry, or dishes, or bills, etc. We just hung out as a family with our friends and neighbors and enjoyed the weekend.





Lastly. I mentioned blessings. I think this entire blog is a testament of the blessings around us. My Family, My Kitty Cat, My Yard, My Life. All are precious gifts from God. Sometimes it is nice to just stop and count your blessings. Or Freckles. Or both...





1 comment:

  1. Ahh! What a great post and I am glad to share in all the fun! Love you guys lots!

    ReplyDelete