Monday, August 1, 2011

Honeyman Camping ~ August 2011

.
Well, I sat down to do a little "Birthday Blog" for Andy and/or Abby. Given the amount of whining that has been going on around here the last few days, I decided it should wait. Instead. Let's talk about camping, shall we?

This year we scheduled FOUR camping trips. I think that might be a personal best for me. Not IN LOVE with camping, but now that the kids are a little older, and we have the trailer, and some fun family/friends to do it with, I'm liking it more and more! I even like a three night trip better than a two night trip now - BIG step for me.

We started of Sunday with some Sand Sledding - Abby loved it! Trav's phone? Not so much. :(





Andy on the other hand, would NOT try it. Unless it was on HIS terms I guess:





We spent most of the Day on Sunday at the lake. Windy, but so fun!!!

This trip was BY FAR my most favorite so far this summer. I have enjoyed them all actually, but this one ROCKED. We went to Honeyman Campground and I'm sorry Beverly Beach, but you might have been bumped off of the list for next year. Honeyman beat you - hands down. Beverly Beach has great Beach access and a playground. But, Honeyman has a LAKE, DUNES, SUN, and ATV Riding!

Oh, and bears!!! Aack!!!




We ran into this guy - almost literally - on our way to scout out a riding place for the day. Oh yeah, did I mention that I FINALLY got to go riding on sand dunes again!!! I was excited. I have really missed it!!!

Everyone, not just me, seemed to enjoy it. All the little kids got to have rides as well. Sorry Sarah, I couldn't resist...




Inbetween turns we used the sand right by the parking lot for some fun and adventure. Belle was determined to fly a Kite, Sled down a hill, and catch a fish. There was no hill, no lake, and no wind at the parking lot. The child is determined. I will give her that

Yes, that is Sarah on the same trip as us. Under a blanket. In a sweatshirt. Notice how everyone else is dressed.

Also, please note that there were TWO Tinkerbell kites. One for Trav and one for Dave. Dave just got fed up with his and took a break.





This was Andy's first trip to dunes. He seemed to figure it out pretty quick. Ride. Drink. Eat. Lounge. Ride. Repeat. Notice Puppy tucked into his sweatshirt, getting ready to head out with Papa. Well of course he needed a security item - he had heard about trips with Papa in the sand!!!





Here are a few more cute shots of the "kids" from the weekend:




Oh! And Belle caught a fish - 1 for 3 ain't bad! I told you she was determined!


No comments:

Post a Comment