Sunday, August 14, 2011

Beverly Beach Camping - Aug. 2011

.
Our third camping trip of the summer was the Beverly Beach Bex and Brown Bamily Bampout!!! HaHa. I'm a dork...

So, anyway we packed up the trailer, the kids, the dog, and the Bex Family and headed to the Beach. Abby didn't get to play at a REAL beach when we were at Honeyman, so she was excited to go to the beach to play. Andy was excited to see Brynn and I was personally excited for two of my favorite things - April and Nutella - heehee.

First night there Brynn taught Andy how to ride his Strider Bike!!! Everyone told me that the way to get him to ride it was to have another kid show him. Sure enough. He watched her for like 10 seconds and he was a super star as well - thanks Brynn. I can't wait to tell Andy that a GIRL taught him to ride a bike someday. I hope you are there when I do!!!

Here are some photos of our little biker babies - they were SO proud of themselves. The giggles were priceless:




What else do you do while camping you ask? Well, play Beauty Parlor of course - duh! The look on Laci's face is priceless. I swear I was VERY gentle! But, the photos along the top are worth it if you ask me (of course it wasn't my head). They are just adorable together:




Next it was Brynn's turn. She couldn't have cared less. Except for the fact she was very confused by the entire thing. Which, of course, the big girls thought was funny:




Morning #1: Cook and go to Beach. April and I cooking in our PJs and coats. We're cool like that:




The kids entertained themselves, Trav ran the camera, the dogs begged for food, and Marshall schooled us on the importance of tinfoil while camping - who knew? ;)

In the Top Left photo of Andy and Brynn they are picking "flowers" and giving them to each other. Ahhhh. Sweetness I tell you. Sweetness! Then, you ask? Well then they started flinging themselves "belly flop" style against the side of the Bex's Tent. It was so adorable and so bad at the same time. I couldn't help but just laugh. What nuts.




Next we hit the beach! The kids were very excited and it only took us about 2 1/2 trips and four adults to get all their crap to the beach. But, it was worth it. Just look at their happiness! This is why I go camping in the cold and the wind once a year - my kids love it! And really, why else does one camp but to make their kids, and husbands, happy? Well, I guess there is the wine as well...





What did April and I do you ask? Well, NOTHING. It was WONDERFUL. We sat on the beach and played "Words With Friends" and read books on our eReaders. Because, what else do you do while "Roughing It" camping? ;)




Thanks to the Bex Family for joining us! It was a ton of fun to watch the kids play together and invent new yummy s'mores over the campfire - mmmm Nutella...

No comments:

Post a Comment