Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Abby's 4th Birthday!


FOUR years ago today, on a 108 degree day in Hillsboro, after 24 hrs of unsuccessful labor, at 1:24am, my life changed forever. I became a Mommy to all 9lbs 10oz, 21" of dainty goodness. Pink cheeks, tiny fingers, BIG blue eyes, and more love than I ever thought one person could give.

Abby is amazing. She is FULL of spunk and love and questions and smiles and princess! She makes me so happy and proud to be her Mommy. At four she spends most of her time in "Imagination Land". I love to sit back and listen when she thinks I'm not. Whether I'm in the car or on the computer or in the kitchen... I have an ear tuned to her dialogue. *THEY* say you can learn a lot about what you hear at these times. I'm always pleasantly surprised by Abby. Mostly it is PS lessons learned (use your words), Dreams she wants to come true (I really like your pretty dress). But sometimes it is the harder stuff (death, timeouts, etc). Even in those moments I'm surprised how smart and insightful she is. It is always amazing how much she drinks in from the world around her!

She makes me see the "pretty" parts of the world that I never saw before, she makes me chuckle on a daily basis, and she loves me unconditionally. For all that - I thank her!
I Love you Abigirl - Happy 4th Birthday!

Trav and I made a decision three years ago when Abby turned ONE. We said that we would spend our Childs' Birthday w/them - all day - doing what they wanted... Now that we have two kids' birthdays w/in three days of eachother, I'm SO glad we made that tradition a reality.

We started off at JC Penney's. Abby got her 4 yr old pictures taken and weren't we pleasantly surprised when we arrived and they had a "Fairy Backdrop" all set up?!?

Click here and enter your Customer Name (DANIELLE BROWN):
https://www.smilesbywire.com/home.asp?AC=LTPP0102123695JCP
She did GREAT! And as always, it was hard to make the choices of which to purchase!

Next, we hit the Disney Store for some shopping. I gave her a Princess Gift Card and she had to budget and decide what to buy based on the amount on the card. For those that want to know, we ended up w/a Princess and the Frog Play set and a Plush Princess Tiana Doll.

Then, it was off to lunch - Red Robin!


She was pleasantly surprised when the Ice Cream Sundae and Singing came after the "Cheesey Noodles"


Quick stop at the park to play...



And then we finished the day at "Disney Princess Ballet"


All in all it was a GREAT day. Daddy and I are EXHAUSTED and Abby is still bouncing off of the walls and playing w/her new gifts.

Next up? Mummy dogs for dinner (her request) and Chocolate Cake for Dessert (Daddy's)!

No comments:

Post a Comment