Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sometimes it is easier just to do it yourself!


As a parent we ALL have those moments. That moment when your "little darling" is doing something they shouldn't be doing. Something you should be disciplining. But, all you can do is laugh, smile, or something else that YOU shouldn't be doing.

Then there is the old saying "If you want something done right, do it yourself". In this case I should have!

I brought Abby's clothes downstairs today and started to get her dressed. I Forgot to bring down clean undies. I sent her upstairs to fetch some while I was cleaning up the house for a play date. She comes down the stairs and back into the living room.

Abby: "Mommy, my underwear are suck on the light."
Me: "What?" (all the while I'm thinking - I think I know where this is going and couldn't help but crack a little smile)
Abby (while grinning from ear to ear): "I threw down my underwear and they got stuck on your light.

Sure enough. She had THROWN her underwear over the railing, upstairs, and they got stuck on the light that hangs over our formal entry. This is a classic case of "Monkey See, Monkey Do". I DROP her clothes down sometimes when I want Trav to get the kids ready while I'm upstairs. All the more reason I really couldn't get mad at her. But, we did have a discussion about DROPPING vs THROWING things over the railing!



Never fear... Daddy came home and rescued the undies from the chandelier and we went about our day.
Daddy: "What DO you two do here all day?"

Posted by Picasa

1 comment: