Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Artistic Andy

This is Trav, my very first Blog post!! :)

I got to take Andy to one of his art classes the other day when we had a scheduling conflict and it worked out I could go. We had a great time! It has been a VERY long time (since Abby was this age) that I had been to one of these classes and I was looking forward to seeing how Andy goes about his artisic process.

It took a while for him to actually get down to the painting. He had to wander around and introduce himself, see what everyone else was doing...maybe get some ideas on what he was going to do himself? I don't know what exactly he was doing, but he eventually stepped on a paintbrush, lost his balance and landed diaper first in a plate of paint! I picked him up and sat him on a page and that finally got him started on his own work of art. The top left picture is him putting his "bottom print" on his picture and the rest are of him alternating between taste testing each color and putting them on the paper.

It was a lot of fun to get to participate in this with him. I'm very thankful that I have the flexibility in my job where I can occasionally take the time to be involved in my kids lives like this. I would hate to miss these moments.






No comments:

Post a Comment