Wednesday, November 24, 2010

B. R. A. T.

Being Really Awful Today. Thanks to Auntie Marilyn for getting Andy this shirt (which at the time I think she said was for me to use at my discretion). It came in handy the other day....




Now, in my defense... He didn't get this shirt put on him until AFTER I found NINE Alphabet Fridge Magnets in the garbage, he screamed most of the day, refused to eat a proper meal, and pulled Abby's milk down on himself. After all, he needed a new shirt - his was all wet w/milk!

What else has Andy been up to you ask? Well, the other night we caught him drinking out of the dog water bowl. Now, he wasn't putting his hand in it and licking his hand. He was down on all fours w/his mouth ON the rim of the bowl. It was just one of those moments where Trav and I both stopped, looked at him, looked at each other, and just shook our heads...

His newest trick is to WALK down the stairs. Forwards. On two Feet. Holding the open railing bars. I wouldn't mind - and at first I didn't. But, now he is getting confidant and letting go, going to fast, and then falling down. We have hardwood stairs and hardwood floors. Good thing Andy was blessed w/a big, beautiful, hard head. Because so far, he isn't "getting it".

Then, later the SAME evening....






Just as cute as a button and sweet as can be - reading his book quietly on the couch. Apparently, he also cracks himself up and thinks he is pretty cute - Bottom Right photo.



Oh Andy... how I love you. How you stress me out. How you make me laugh, smile, shake my head, and sometimes cry all in the same day. The next 16 1/2 years are going to be something. I hope we both survive... :)



Abby is getting jealous. Her world is "a-changing" now that Andy is getting the smiles and hugs and attention of friends and family. She still gets them as well... But, Andy is at that "entertainer" stage and is getting more of the attention. I have been trying to do some more "one on one" stuff w/her, but I can tell she is having a hard time right now.



Andy easily commands the attention of the entire room by doing something loud, or funny, or demanding attention RIGHT now. Whereas she is old enough she is told to be quiet, use her inside voice, wait her turn, and entertain herself. I feel bad because I know I'm as guilty as everyone else. And, I remember what it was like to have younger siblings and feel that way. But, all I can do is be aware, try harder, and hope I don't permantly damage her!



Anyway - that is what this next picture is all about. I was taking pictures of Andy for this blog, and she wanted hers taken as well. Notice the different emotions all in about 15 seconds.



Welcome to our life these days...









No comments:

Post a Comment