Thursday, November 18, 2010

Somedays I think I might be crazy...

Some days I think I might be a little bit crazy. In fact, I'm pretty sure of it. But, then I see the happiness on my kids face and how much fun they are having and I know it is okay - or at least it will be after everyone naps!

I figured I would share w/you a day in the life of ME. Not that you will have any sympathy for me afterwards - because I know it is my own fault. But, you might have a better understanding of "what she does all day". I "event plan" and "project manage" on a MUCH smaller scale now - but I still do!

Last Thursday I over scheduled. Way over scheduled. But, in the moment - it is easier, so I do it. The kids are entertained, I'm getting stuff done, everyone is happy. Then, the next a.m. rolls around and everyone is cranky and I pay for it. But, hey - it was fun in the moment!

Someday I will find the balance, and everyone will be happy, well slept, and perfectly perfect in every way. The house will run smooth, we won't run late anywhere, and the kids will be perfect little angels - yeah right. So, until I find that balance, I guess I won't worry about being over scheduled once in awhile, because hey - we lived thru it. And, it WAS fun in the moment!!! :)

Morning started off baby-sitting the Bex kids while April took Laci to an appointment. Byrnn and Andy were so excited to see each other again - it was A-DOR-ABLE. Andy nearly climbed out of his high chair to get to her! But, I'm not sure that is really out of the ordinary these days!!!!

They had a great time playing "Peek-A-Boo" in my curtains...




From there Andy showed Brynn how to open the pantry, get the Puffs container out, and bring it to me w/sad eyes and grunts until I opened them. So, they got a little snack to refuel...




Next they took their babies on a walk - thank goodness we have TWO strollers!



After that, Andy showed Brynn how to step up and hang on the baby gate like a champ (Above).
Next up? Let's see if we can figure out how to turn on the TV...
Andy: "I don't have much luck turning on the TV w/ONE remote, let's see if we BOTH do it at the same time we will have more luck?"


Then, once Laci's appointment was over, April brought her back here and then left again to go to a meeting. Marshall played w/EVERY single toy in the toy room, the babies continued to follow each other around and try to get into trouble - they are like this little "exploring team" it is SO cute to watch, and the big girls played princesses at the island where they knew the babies couldn't get to them.



Now, if the day would have been done there - we would have been golden. Fun day, good kids, good play date - win, win, win. That's a wrap, right? Wrong!




Next up we headed to "Pizza Planet" for lunch to meet up w/Uncle Trevor, Daddy, and a buncha PS friends - kind of an impromptu play date that stemmed from Trevor wanting to hang w/the kids at Pizza Planet. So, frankly... I blame him. But, there are worse things than some one WANTING to see your kids and having lunch cooked for you right? So, we weren't going to give that up - Win, win!




After that, we headed home for Scrapbooking w/Carda and Rachel - something I do EVERY Tuesday. But, this Tuesday Rachel was sick, so we rescheduled for Thursday. This is something I look forward to every week. Carda and I scrapbook while Andy naps and the girls play. I wasn't going to give THAT up. I could get stuff done, visit w/my good friend, and the girls got to play - win, win, win!



About that time it was 3pm. Carda had to head home to meet her older kids' buses, but the girls were playing SO good. So, I told Carda to leave Rachel at my house until Andy woke up. In that hour and 1/2 I finished up the scrapbooking I started, got some chores done, and baked some Zucchini Bread for a friend. They played GREAT. My favorite was them playing "Dress-up". They got all dolled up and got their babies ready to "go to church". Then they went and sat on the love seat - very quietly - and "listened to church". Next they went out for Hot Chocolate and Pedicures. I love them - they are so cute!



Here is a photo Abby and her buddies playing that day...


After all that, we hired a baby-sitter and went off to see HP7, part I because Intel had given us FREE tickets to see an advanced screening that night only - we couldn't not do that!



Next morning I practically fell asleep at PS drop off - I wonder why I do this stuff to myself.




Being a mommy is a HARD job when you don't leave the house, but even more tiring when I do. But, I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world - I'm grateful I have this opportunity and can give my kids these opportunities and memories. Just know that this is why I'm so tired all the time - I do it to myself!!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment