Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Happy Birthday to ME!

.
My 35th Birthday turned out to be worse for my diet than Christmas and New Year's put together! Seriously...


But, I (we) had a great time! On the 5th I went out with some of my Mommy Friends. The 6th was Superbowl Sunday, and then on the 7th we celebrated w/Steve, Marilyn, and Jessica.


Turns out Cousin Jess and I have the same Birthday. So, it is always fun to get together around that time and celebrate our coolness together!


Abby was SET on taking me to Red Robin for my actual birthday the next day - I mean isn't that everybody's Birthday Dream Place? Trav kept trying to steer her toward "Mommy's Choice", but she wasn't convinced... Wasn't she pleasantly surprised when Trav and Uncle Steve chose for us to meet up at RED ROBIN. She got her wish! :)

Steve and Marilyn got me this cool OSU pillow. But, even more fun than that, was the bag it came in! Heehee.




My actual Birthday was on Tuesday. As a Mommy, Tuesday is my HECTIC day. Gym Class, Scrapbooking, Andy's Art Class (only once a month), and Ballet. Somewhere in there I try to get a work out in. It is crazy. So, wasn't it just my luck that my Birthday fell on a Tuesday - that included Art Class?


I decided that we would go to the Thursday Gym class instead. Then Carda and I decided to take the kids bowling and to free Tuesday lunch instead of scrapbooking. So, it was a fun day. And, not TOO crazy. Just had to do the Art Class, Ballet, and the work out in the afternoon! :)


Andy did great at Art Class this time. Not that he doesn't always. But, he actually painted. What!?!?!? Yep, put paint to the paper and didn't even taste it once. I was in shock!




That evening (day #4 of eating out) we went to a Mexican Restaurant in Downtown Hillsboro I had been wanting to try. Which I'm a total dork... I told Trav I wanted to try this place called "Pickles". He was like um, a Mexican place called Pickles? Yep, Pickles. I have heard great things about it and we have a coupon in the Entertainment Book for it. So, let's try it. Okay...


Well, when I went to find the coupon. It is called "PEPPERS". Yeah, that makes MUCH more sense. Like I said. I'm a dork.

After dinner at Pickles/Peppers (which WAS good BTW), we came home, did baths and opened presents! The kids got me some awesome gifts this year. But, most importantly, they took some pictures w/me - which I never can get enough of!




Then Abby decided to take a few pictures:




This is my favorite Birthday Gift:




Earlier in the day these were delivered. Funny thing was, I was on my treadmill at the time, so Trav received them. Cracked me up... He paid $8.00 to have these delivered to himself - haha! :) Oh well...




It was shocking to me which cookie Abby picked for herself - just shocking... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment