Monday, February 21, 2011

Presidents' Day Weekend

.
Presidents' Day Weekend. Really, I probably should have come up with a better, more fun title for this post. I mean, really... we don't celebrate Presidents' Day like it is this big exciting holiday. We just look forward to the long weekend! So, a fun three day weekend title was in order, but I was at a lack of creativity! In fact, I have been skipping this post, and working on others, because I couldn't come up with a snappy title. But, since I'm very "A Type" and like to keep my posts in date order. I had to get to it - eventually - because it was creating a log jam. Okay, so now that you all think I'm crazier than you used to. Let's get on with it.



Presidents Day Weekend was a three day weekend for Travis - woot! Gotta love that. It was also a busy day followed by two lazy days to recover. Plus, Plus.



On Saturday we had swim class, the Intel Winter Celebration, and The Globetrotters! We decided that it was just too crazy busy of a day, so we let Grammy and Papa have some 2 on 1 time with Andy and we just took Abby. It was nice to spend that time with her. I can't believe how much she is growing up. What a "kid" she is becoming! Times like this, when I can just focus on her, are so great - because it is happening so fast. Sometimes it is nice to stop and just enjoy the moment - and not carry a diaper bag!!! :)



Intel rented out the Memorial Coliseum for this event. They had Ice Skating (line was CRAZY long, so we didn't get to try), Various Bounce Houses and Games, Face Painting, Radio Disney was there, etc.



Our first stop was the Radio Disney area. They were doing some games and dances, etc. They asked for kids to come up and join them dancing a line dance type thing. Abby was the ONLY kid that would do it. And, even after she saw she was the only one, she stayed up there and still did it. I was SO proud of her. And, she was so cute. I wish I had had my video camera there. These pictures don't do it justice. But, I took them anyways...







Next we went downstairs and did the games, bounce houses, and face painting. And, yes... I did get braces - again. Only for 6 months. It is fine. I'm okay with it and so far no one has laughed at me - too loud!

After the Winter Event we went to Burgerville for an ice cream treat and then walked over to the Rose Garden for the Globe Trotters - fun. Abby seemed to like it and think it was pretty funny. I didn't really take any pictures there either - but we were there!



Sunday we just hung out and recovered from the long day before. Retrieved Andy from the 'rents and just "vegged". It was nice. Especially since we had another ENTIRE day the next day.



On Monday Abby and Daddy made "Princess Cupcakes". Aunt Megan and family had come down the weekend before and brought Abby this Princess Cupcake making kit. So, she was DYING to use it. I went to have a Girls Lunch out w/Cousin Sarah and Trav got to stay home and make Princess Cupcakes... hee, hee... :)




Thanks Auntie Megan. We would send you one, but they are all gone! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment