Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

.
Valentine's Day was fun this year. Abby was WAY into it! At school, they had a "Valentine Making Station" set up the weeks prior to Valentine's. Everyday she would make Valentines for her friends and other cards, from her friends, would come home in her backpack. It was really cute how much they all wanted to "share the love" with each other. So simple. So cute. So kid.

Our day started off with all four of us attending Abby's Valentine's Day Party at school. Andy is SO ready to spend his days at PS. Next year, it is going to be a rude awakening when he still isn't old enough to go himself! :) Abby always enjoys having ALL of us there. It was a fun day filled w/Crafts, Treats, and LOVE....



Later that evening, after we ate leftovers - yes, I was serious. We stayed in and ate left overs! We did exchange some gifts though. Now, between Travis and Abby, the "gift giving" around here has gotten out of control on Valentine's Day! My goodness...

I got this little Elmo Book and a Pink Puppy for Andy. Trav got Abby a "Littlest Pet Shop" set. We gave them that at Breakfast. I thought "there, that is good. I will get something from Travis this evening and everyone is happy". Oh no... Trav and Abby are 1. shop-a-holics, and 2. take this gift giving stuff VERY seriously.

I got Flowers AND a nice scrapbooking gift from Trav. Andy got me a nice scrapbooking gift as well. Abby got me jewelry. Andy got me flowers. Travis got Abby flowers. I was like "is this ever going to end!?!?!?" But, I have to say... it was very sweet how much thought and detail Abby put into everybody's gifts. She knew EXACTLY what she wanted to get me and Trav tells the story great of standing in the jewelry store FOREVER while Abby found IT (and also making sure IT was w/in the budget - apparently her first pick was $800.00!)

But, my favorite part of the entire Holiday was Abby's gift to Andy. She was in Freddie's w/Trav (on her jewelry hunt) when they walked past the Pillow Pets. They had a Red Puppy Valentine's one. Abby was CONVINCED that Andy needed that for Valentine's Day and there was no detering her. Now, that is Trav's version. Knowing how the TWO of them like to shop, I'm not sure I entirely buy the story. But, nonetheless, Abby got Andy ANOTHER Pillow Pet. Something we are NOT short of around here... But, like I said... It was SO thoughtful and sweet that she wanted to get him that. It was all she could talk about up until she did - in whispered chat of course. Wouldn't want Andy to hear!

Here he is opening it:



I will admit it - she was right. He did love it! Oh man, and check out those Baby Blues - heart melting!



Classic "bow on the baby" picture:



Me and two of my Valentines:



Then, we broke for Ice Cream Cake - heart shaped of course!




No comments:

Post a Comment