Monday, December 20, 2010

Zoo Lights

Zoo Lights - Woohoo!

This year was the first year that we went this late in the season. Life just got busy and I didn't get it scheduled. So, I was very thankful and grateful that Cousin Sarah took the bull by the horns and coordinated this one. I pride myself (and love actually) being a planner. But, somewhere... this holiday season got away from me. It was the latest I ever got my Christmas Cards out. It was the latest I ever finished my shopping and wrapping. It was a FAST season this year! So thank you Sarah - because I appreciated you putting this together!

Everyone met right at 5pm and headed to the train. Line. Long line. But, it actually went pretty fast and we got to take some good pictures while waiting - glass 1/2 full people - glass 1/2 full!




No pictures of the Train Ride. 1. I got the middle seat, so not the best angle to take photos, 2. it hasn't changed much since the last time I took pictures, and 3. Trevor was VERY distracting. I was busy pretending I didn't know him...

After the train ride we walked the grounds a little and got come Hot Cocoa.

But! I have to say - I got this picture of the kids by the Gingerbread House. NO ONE had the faith I would get this photo - each and everyone of them gave me THAT look. But, I got it dang it! It might not be perfect, but they are all looking, sitting still, and not crying. I consider it a win!





And then I followed it up w/ANOTHER group shot (above right) on the way out. Yeah, I rock like that... :)




I love this ultra romance picture (above right) of Dave and Sarah in front of NO lights... :)
Top Right is Bella playing w/the otter - too cute!

A stop at the top to take some posed pictures....





Then we headed off for a late dinner and family time - good day. It was ton of fun. Glad everyone made the trek up here to do it!


No comments:

Post a Comment