Thursday, October 7, 2010

Denver Trip - Day ONE

We recently took a trip to Denver to visit the Wonderful Wheelers! Courtney and I meet many moons ago (2001 - ish?) when we were both single ladies working at the same company here in town. Since then, we have remained friends and been there thru weddings and babies, etc.

This was my 4th visit out to Denver to see her and I have to say - I think it was my favorite so far! I don't know if it was because I wasn't expecting it to be perfect w/FOUR kids and TWO hubbies in tow - and it was. Or if it was just that good to see her and her family again - I say both!

We came home w/MANY pictures and wonderful memories. So, I will break them up into different posts as I find the time to get them done!

Day ONE was traveling for the most part. Both kids did great on the plane - phew. The trip was mostly uneventful - just one little scare when our bag w/Abby's car seat didn't come down the belt w/the rest of our luggage - um, how do we go anywhere w/out a car seat!?!??! But, apparently DEN airport believes that car seat bags are "over sized" and put it off to the side - not something we ran into while traveling to OGG and PDX this last spring.

Abby was really cute when she put our day into perspective for us: In order to navigate the DEN airport, and get to "Courtney's House", you have to take a PLANE, then a TRAIN (at DEN there is a Light Rail you have to take to get to Baggage Claim), then a BUS (to the rental car p/u), then a CAR (a 45 minute trip to Milliken). By the time we got to the car, I think both kids were pretty much done w/all the different modes of transportation!




But, like I said, they were TROOPERS. I don't think we have had as smooth of days just trying to get to the Zoo, and back, here in Hillsboro!

That evening we stayed in, played, ate a yummy home cooked meal, and then put the kids to bed. We really enjoyed our "after hours" adult time w/Jeremiah and Courtney as well! That is when we played board games, ate dessert, and just caught up and visited!

No comments:

Post a Comment