Thursday, October 28, 2010

Welcome Baby Andrew!

My dear friend Amy Contreras had her 4th baby on 10/22/2010 at 11:30pm - Andrew James. 8lb, 8oz of pure perfection. He is so sweet and cute and beautiful - It makes me want another one - for about 3.5 seconds. Then, I was over it pretty quick! I will just love on him as I see fit! I just love his little cheeks and soft skin and 100% baby-ness that is him!

I can't wait to watch him and my Andy grow and change over the next few years alongside eachother! She also has a little boy (did I mention she has FOUR children now?) that is 18 months older than Andy. So, my Andy is sandwiched right in-between her Zach and her new little Andrew. I have a feeling that those three will make quite the little club of little men and I can't wait to watch!

Her older two (yes, she really does have FOUR kids) are Alex (6) and Kayla (4) and they are just great buddies to Abby. Kayla and Abby are only 6 weeks apart, and Alex and Abby just "click" for a lack of a better term. So, I love the dynamic and nice 2:1 ratio we have going on w/them right now!

Now, I tease her about the four kids (pretty bad actually), but I must take a serious moment and just give Amy some props. She is a GREAT mom and even GREATER person. If anyone was made to have a big family, it was Amy. Every time I see her, and hang out w/her and her kids I'm amazed by her attitude, enthusiasm, and love she has for her kids. Her laid back, but totally organized way of doing things makes me want to be a better mom - I wish I could find that balance! She really does inspire me. She is giving, forgiving, sweet, calm, and as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside. Her children are well behaved, loving, and just so darn cute!

What can I say, we love the Contreras family (Michael isn't that 1/2 bad either) and feel VERY blessed to have sat next to them in church those 4 years ago! Who knew that two little bald baby girls would bring us together and give us such a great family to parent alongside?

Anyways, here is Abby, meeting Andrew this last week. I have to say, she was an old pro - I didn't have to remind her about anything about holding a baby - she had it down!



No comments:

Post a Comment