Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pumpkins!

The week before Halloween this year was WET - Rain, Rain, Rain... There was a break in the flood on Wednesday evening. So, we (and by WE I mean Trav and the Kids) ran outside and got some Pumpkin Carving done!

This was Andy's first year involved in the action, and I have to say he was less than impressed. Abby at this age couldn't wait to dig into the pumpkins and thought it was so funny. Andy, Andy basically gave them both the "Huh?" stare. We tried to get him into it - 'no go' really. Maybe it was the looming rumor that he would end up inside one? I dunno...



But like most men - he did get a tad bit more interested when he realized that there were tools involved in the process. He tapped the pumpkin a little w/the scoop. Mostly he just walked around w/it and checked other things out.

Abby you ask? Well, sadly... Abby "girled out" on Trav this year. This was the first year she didn't really want a part of the guts and basically spent most of the time making faces and letting Daddy do the work - girl after my own heart actually... :)


In the end, they both appeased me long enough to do the posed Pumpkin Pictures - the real reason I enjoy pumpkin carving! Andy did end up in the pumpkin, but I guess we needed a bigger/taller one because he was having no part in the "sitting down" inside of it.




Then we (and by WE I mean me and the kids) all went inside, got cleaned up, warmed up, and ate dinner.



Trav spent the next two evenings finishing up - Don't they look great!?!?
























No comments:

Post a Comment