Sunday, October 24, 2010

Goin' on a Punkin Hunt...

This year marked our 3rd trip out to the Bauman's Pumpkin Patch. I always thought it was cool, but this year I realized HOW cool it really is! Funny given the weather, because we actually didn't take the time to enjoy all it had to offer this year.

Abby went to the Pumpkin Patch THREE times this season - THREE different patches. So, I had something to compare it to...

1. I joined a Christian Moms Group called "MOPS" (Mothers of Pre-Schoolers) this fall and maybe I will explain that in another post, but for now - just go w/it. Anyway, they had a "Mommy and Me" trip to a patch close to our house earlier in the month.

Now, Trav and I went to this same patch when Abby was about Andy's age (or exactly actually). It was the weekend before Halloween and there were NO pumpkins left in the patch and there was just a barnyard full of totes of pumpkins and some displays to take your picture at. We thought it was because we were so late in the season and just took our pictures, bought our pumpkins from a tote and left. Well, that wasn't the case.

This year when I went back, I thought I was at my parents house - with totes of pumpkins added. There were some black tile slides, and a "hay maze" made out of a barn full or straw, but that was about it outside of the barnyard and baby animals to look at. Disappointing, but Abby liked it. She picked her pumpkin out of a tote, and we went thru the McDonald's Drive thru on the way home. She was happy.

2. The second trip was thru her PS. Now this patch sounded cooler (hayride, boat ride, train ride, etc.), but there were NO pumpkins. Her and Trav came home w/two green pumpkins because they were so picked over. Sad. But, we still had Bauman's to look forward to and boy am I glad we go there!

3. Trip #3 was on a wet and soggy day and it almost didn't happen because of rain and some last minute scheduling stuff. But it did - and I'm glad it did! I mean really where else, but the country, could Elizabeth and Abby have this much fun in their boots?

Have I told you lately (like in the last two posts) that these two just crack me up every time I see them together? I think they found, and sampled, EVERY puddle they could find. Those new boots have been QUALITY tested and I must say - they did just fine! :)




Where else but in the country could you find pumpkins, this big, and orange? Because apparently Hillsboro had a shortage!

Andy wasn't sure what to think of it exactly. I'm sure it was something like "I hear talk of being put IN one of these, could I really be hearing that right?" Oh yes little man, welcome to Pumpkin Carving w/Mommy - you will fit in one of these - mark my words!

He rocked the new boots. Okay, well Papa and Trevor spent most of the time putting them back on him, but they were cute and looked stylish!


The rain actually held off the entire time we were out in the patch hunting - which was good. It allowed us to get some great photos! (Which is really the only reason *I* go to the patch - Shhh, don't tell).


We then bribed the kids w/donuts and treats to get past all the activities. Now, we usually do stay and do the activities - this is where you could honestly spend all day if you wanted to. But, since the weather was iffy, we didn't want to buy a pass only to be rained out. So, off to the food court (greenhouse - warm!) we went. We feasted on Bauman Farms donuts, caramel corn, apple cider slushies, apple cider, caramel apples, and fruit leather (random). It was great. That is what *I* call a good time at the pumpkin patch!



So the verdict you ask? Bauman's wins HANDS DOWN. Seriously, if you have never been, go. Here is the website - check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment