Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Puppy

So, here is a picture from this week (Tuesday). Andy fell asleep in his chair before 1pm that day. Naptime is at 1:30pm, but hey... he was obviously tired. Cute picture - I personally love the one sock on, one sock off. You will also notice he is hanging onto puppy. His most precious puppy.... Precious Puppy that is in almost EVERY picture of Andy. Sadly, we lost puppy the very next day. :(



Andy had a Doctors appointment right next to Costco that day. Right after the appointment I had a 20 minute window to run into Costco, get a price adjustment, grab lunch for the kids (they love the hotdogs there), before picking up Abby from PS.

I had to go to Costco for the soul purpose of getting $15 back that they had overcharged me two days before. That $15 cost us Puppy. Somewhere between the food court (we were playing peek-a-boo w/him while waiting for our order), and the car (parked right next the the handicapped parking, so close), we lost puppy. Andy was throwing a fit and tired and I was just trying to "get out of there". I'm kicking myself SO hard over this. I feel so bad. That damn dog goes EVERYWHERE w/Andy. Everywhere.

As we were driving away Andy was throwing himself a MAJOR fit and I looked for his binky and his puppy to appease him. Thinking back now, I think he was crying because he dropped puppy. I pulled over and tore the car apart - no puppy. I drove back to my parking spot. No puppy. I went to customer service, walked the parking lot, and chatted up every Costco person around - no Puppy. Some one took our Puppy. Who does that? What parent wouldn't know how important a lovely is to another kid?

Now, I know this is just a stuffed animal and thank the heavens that I had the foresight to order a second one months ago. But, I'm just so upset at myself, society, and even Costco. If they had never overcharged me, I would have never been there to lose puppy.

Maybe I have just seen to many Toy Story Movies? Maybe I'm losing it? I don't know... this isn't the first time I have failed my kids, nor will it be the last, but I feel bad over this.

Trav went back later that day and looked EVERYWHERE he could think of, I have called every day since to see if he has shown up. He hasn't. But, let me tell you, everyday I call they tell me what IS there. If you are missing a red monkey, a blue Thomas Train, a white bunny, or a green frog - call Costco. They have it.


Anyway... Life happens, we move on, and now that I have vented a little, I will too.

Love you Blue Puppy, You will be missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment